Pocket face mask - Dot design
More info »
Washable fabric face mask with two layers of cotton, a pocket opening to add an optional water-resistant layer and filter (not included) and elastic ear loops. This mask is not medical grade.
Mask can be reversed. Elastic ear loops should be tightened to ensure a comfortable fit. Refer to the guides on making adjustments to your mask, on the Frangipani Baby blog.
- Black & white dot design* cotton
- Inner: Black cotton
- Ear loops: Black 3mm knitted elastic
Hand made locally. Some variation in design is to be expected.
Washed and steam pressed after finishing. Please wash before first use.
Remove filter (if used)
Place mask in washbag and machine wash
Air dry or tumble dry
Light iron press
A water-resistant layer and filter can be inserted into the pocket. Inserts should be removed before washing. A guide to adding inserts is on the Frangipani Baby blog.
- Water-resistant layer can be made from reusable ‘green’ shopping bags, cotton polyester blend/ polypropylene fabric blends, exercise clothing.
- Filters can be made from paper towel, facial tissues, coffee filters or vacuum cleaner bags.
Please note, handmade masks are not TGA approved and are NOT to be used as a substitute for medical grade masks or N95 respirator masks. These masks are designed for use by adults. Please keep children supervised at all times if they are wearing a mask. Masks are not suitable for babies or infants under 2 years old.
All orders are sent with tracked shipping.
* This design draws heavily on Indigenous art styles. I am unable to determine whether an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander artist was paid for this design, so I will make a donation of $2 per mask sold with this fabric to WAR (Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance) Melbourne.
We Also Recommend